Coal-fired power generators globally face increasing challenges to improve plant efficiencies, reliability, and emission performance while lowering capital and operating costs. Growing environmental concerns and greenhouse gas emission requirements along with the need to achieve operating economies are driving project developers to adopt once-through supercritical (OTSC) and ultra-supercritical boiler technology over sub-critical drum boilers.
Amec Foster Wheeler is taking clean coal technology to the next level with its advanced OTSC pulverized coal (PC) technology incorporating a low mass flux vertical tube evaporator utilizing optimized rifled tubing. In 2011, for the first time ever this technology was commissioned on a 769 MWe Pulverized Coal Supercritical Steam Generator at the Longview Power Project in Maidsville, WV, USA.
In this informative webinar, Jim Utt will review the design features of Amec Foster Wheeler’s most advanced PC boiler technology utilized at the Longview Power Project including topics such as:
- How incorporation of the BENSON Vertical tube evaporator technology provides significant improvements in boiler fabrication, construction, operation, and maintenance over existing technologies
- Emission reductions in PM, SO2, NOx, Hg and CO2 achieved by this highly efficient technology
- Passive tube cooling achieved at low mass flux rates
- Reduced steam side pressure loss and reduce auxiliary power consumption
- Impact on boiler tube life, operational reliability, and project lifecycle costs
Attendees can ask additional questions which will be covered during the Q&A session of the webinar.
This webinar can help you make informed decisions about boiler selection options for new PC fired power plants.
James Utt | Vice President Utility Steam Generators Global Power Group | Amec Foster Wheeler
Jim has been in the power industry for over 35 years and has been with Amec Foster Wheeler since the mid 1980’s. He has held various positions in commissioning, engineering, management and business development throughout his tenure. As Vice President Utility Steam Generators he is currently responsible for the coordination of utility steam generator business line strategies and support for all global regions of Amec Foster Wheeler’s Global Power Group.