REQUEST FOR ACCESS FORM BELOW
Natural gas can usually be readily incorporated in a plant’s overall energy plan. Existing equipment can often be modified to benefit from the low cost and ease of operation associated with firing natural gas. As a result, utility and industrial boiler operators in many markets are taking advantage of low natural gas prices and reduced emission levels by converting their boilers from coal to natural gas.
Switching boilers to natural gas can result in significant fuel & operational cost savings to the operator. There are also a number of other advantages for converting existing coal-fired boilers to natural gas which include shorter permitting times, community acceptance, and lower costs compared to new simple or combined cycle units.
In this informative webinar, Frank Kalany, Manager/Power Process Engineering for Amec Foster Wheeler, will review key drivers and technical best practices associated with coal-to-gas conversion projects from an Owner’s Engineer or EPC viewpoint. Topics presented will include:
- What are the major drivers for converting from coal-to-gas
- Regulatory – MATS, CSAPR, Industrial Boiler MACT
- Greenhouse gas emissions
- Coal Combustion Residuals (CCRs)
- Capital and Operating Costs
- What are the major EPC coal-to-gas conversion project milestones
- Front End Studies/Scope and Estimate
- P&ID’s/General Arrangement/Piping
- Boiler Vendor Studies (Models)
- Equipment Specification
- Performance Emission Testing
- Key issues encompassing technical best practices
- NOx/CO Emission limits
- Boiler Performance – output, heat rate, steam temperature
- Fuel gas characteristics – availability, quality, pressure, temperature
- Pipeline and piping systems
- Combustion Air Systems and Gas Recirculation
- Control System
In addition, best practices from recent coal to gas conversion projects in both utility and industrial power plants will be presented.
Who Should Attend:
- Coal-fired power plant owners
- Plant Managers
- O&M Managers
- Plant Environmental Engineers
- Fuel Managers
- Performance & Boiler Engineers
- Corporate Engineering Management
- Corporate Environmental Management
Attendees are encouraged to ask questions which will be covered during the Q&A session of the webinar.
This webinar can help you make informed decisions when considering converting to natural gas.
Frank Kalany | Manager/Power Process Engineering | Amec Foster Wheeler
Frank has over 30 years of experience working on the Mechanical and Process Engineering aspects of utility and industrial power plants. He has worked both for a Boiler OEM, and the legacy AMEC Foster Wheeler design engineering firm in these roles.