REQUEST FOR ACCESS FORM BELOW
Heat Recovery Steam Generators (HRSGs) are the most critical equipment items for combined cycle power plants, industrial steam generation, and cogeneration applications. In specifying and procuring HRSGs, power project developers and owners must address issues including cycling or non-cycling duty cycles, fuel alternatives, emissions, budgets and compressed project schedules. Having maximum flexibility in the selection of HRSGs is key to addressing these challenges.
In this informative webinar, Tony Hawrenko and Juan Carlos Velazquez Harraez from Amec Foster Wheeler, will review increasing importance of maximizing flexibility in project scope, equipment design and operation, cost and schedule for HRSG projects in today’s environment. Topics presented will include:
- Importance of flexibility in HRSGs across size, fuels & GT models
- Design features for flexible operation, cycling, fresh air & co-firing
- Selecting between horizontal vs. vertical HRGS designs
- Defining the appropriate scope to minimize costs – field construction vs. modular configurations of C & O sections, harps
- Role of flexible delivery, global manufacturing and project management capabilities
- How Amec Foster Wheeler’s real-time life monitoring software package provides essential predictive capabilities for both new and retrofit installations
In addition, a case studies for three HRSG projects in North America and Europe with multiple challenges will be discussed:
- Calpine Project, York PA (USA)
- Tereftalatos (or Norte II) (Mexico)
- Stalowa Wola (Poland)
Attendees can ask questions which will be covered during the Q&A session of the webinar.
This webinar can help you make informed decisions about HRSG design and supply alternatives for your specific power project.
Tony Hawranko | Vice President, Industrial Services | Amec Foster Wheeler
Tony Hawranko is Vice President, Industrial Services for Amec Foster Wheeler. Tony brings over 20 years experience in the design and project development of industrial boiler projects for a range of fuels and applications. He has held various positions in engineering, commissioning, project development and management throughout his career. As Vice President, Industrial Services he is currently responsible for the coordination of industrial steam generator business line strategies and support for all global regions of Amec Foster Wheeler’s Global Power Group.
Juan Carlos Velazquez Herraez | HRSG Product Manager | Amec Foster Wheeler
Juan Carlos Velázquez is HRSG Product Manager for Amec Foster Wheeler. Juan Carlos brings over 14 years experience in the proposal and project execution of industrial, HRSG and solar steam generator projects for a range of fuels and applications. He has held various positions in proposals and project execution throughout his career. As HRSG Product Manager, he is currently responsible for the coordination of HRSG development, proposals, project execution and support for all global regions of Amec Foster Wheeler’s Global Power Group.