The large population of rotating equipment found in petroleum refineries can pose significant tooling and bolting challenges when using traditionally heat and torqueing methods. Periodic maintenance of centrifugal, reciprocating and diaphragm compressors, steam and gas turbines, blowers and pumps often requires disassembly and reassembly of casings and housings. Also, this equipment often must perform in extreme conditions of temperature, pressure and machine dynamics. The use of traditional torqueing methods can leave these equipment items vulnerable to insufficient and non-uniform distribution, insufficient gasket sealing, stud thread galling, and torque spikes which all contribute to costly, time-consuming turnarounds.
Hydraulic tensioning is a proven alternative to hex bolt/nut torqueing solutions that improves project turnaround, safety and component longevity. Available in both standard and custom designs, provide accurate, precise and repeatable performance, saving users both time and money. The Hydraulic Tensioning System is suitable for most applications including high temperature, limited spot face, high residual load applications and can be retrofitted to existing installation requirements.
This informative webinar, presented by Shaun LaPolla of Riverhawk Company, will present several tensioning and shaft joining solutions highlighting:
- Tension v. Heat and Torque Methods
- How a Hydraulic Tensioning System will eliminate stud galling and reduce disassembly and reassembly time whileextending hardware longevity
- Applied tensioning solutions within the refinery industry thatimprove project turnaround v. conventional heat and torque methods.
- The use of simultaneous hydraulic tensioning of studs to avoid problems of insufficient loading such as inadequate flange closure
- Rotational Equipment Challenges
- Effective use of torque couplers on compressors, gearboxes, motors and fans to eliminate keys, splines tapered shafts and heat at assembly reducing down time
- Avoiding torque-related events such as spikes and torsional vibrations on critical equipment using effective shaft joining technologies
- Eliminating rotational torque vibrations
Attendees will be free to pose additional questions which will be addressed during a live Question & Answer session.
This webinar can help you in making informed decisions concerning new or retrofit bolting and tooling alternatives.
Register today to secure your spot in this free webinar!
Shaun Lapolla | Sales/Marketing Representative | Riverhawk Company
Shaun LaPolla is a Sales & Marketing Representative for the Riverhawk Company in New Hartford New York. Mr. LaPolla has been with Riverhawk for 8 and a half years with 2 years’ experience in the Power Generation and Oil & Gas Industries. He began his career as a Sales Representative for the Flex Pivot and Instrumentation product lines at Riverhawk. Mr. LaPolla has now transitioned into the role of Sales/Marketing Representative for all 3 product lines at the Riverhawk Company. Mr. LaPolla has a B.S. Degree (Business and Technology Management) from Clarkson University, in Potsdam NY and an MBA (Masters of Business Administration) from Syracuse University, in Syracuse NY.