Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) represents the predominant worldwide NOx control technology used in coal & gas-fired power plants, petroleum refineries, and diesel engines. The key to successfully operating any SCR system is the proper management of the SCR catalyst. Proper implementation of an SCR catalyst management plan can ensure that the SCR systems maintain high efficiency with the lowest lifecycle cost, which can directly impact the profitability and availability of a power plant.
CORMETECH is well-recognized as a leading global supplier of SCR catalysts with more than 1,600 SCR systems totaling over 160 GW of installed capacity. In 2017, STEAG SCR-Tech, Inc., the world leader in SCR catalyst regeneration services, acquired CORMETECH, Inc. The two companies merged their businesses, adopting the CORMETECH name bringing a wealth of knowledge in ensuring optimal SCR catalyst performance and life.
Now offering Certificates of Completion for all our Webinars.
In this informative webinar, CORMETECH’s Director of Account Management, Philip Elliott, will discuss best practices for maintaining your SCR, improving NOx reduction performance, avoiding unplanned downtime, and reducing lifetime cost of your SCR system. Specific topics addressed will include:
- Field Services Support
- SCR Catalyst Inspection – Physical Inspection Procedure
- Catalyst Testing - Pilot Testing and Audits of Catalyst Activity
- AIG Inspection and Tuning - Optimizing DeNOx and Reducing Ammonia Slip
- Ash Mitigation
- LPA Screens – Stopping LPA in its Tracks
- Acoustic Cleaners - High Energy, Low Frequency Sound Waves that Resonates Ash Particles
- Ash Sweepers - Displacing Ash Piles by Discharging Compressed Air
- In-situ Ice Blasting - Pluggage Removal Technique for (SCR) Catalyst
- Catalyst Management Services - Determining an Optimum Catalyst Replacement Plan
- SCR Catalyst Regeneration - Restoring Catalyst Activity Back to the Original OEM Level
Case studies will be presented.
Attendees are encouraged to ask questions which will be covered during the Q&A session of the webinar.
Who Should Attend:
- Plant Owners
- Plant Managers
- Plant & Corporate Engineers
- Environmental Engineers
- Maintenance Managers
- SCR System Owners / Planners
- Asset Planners & Developers
Philip Elliott | Director of Account Management | CORMETECH Inc.
Mr. Elliott is Director of Account Management for CORMETECH, Inc. Mr. Elliott’s responsibilities at CORMETECH include the oversight of the sales and customer relationships team as well as marketing for the company.
Mr. Elliott has been in the environmental field since 1999. His experience prior to joining CORMETECH included responsibility for the management and installation of flue gas desulphurization (FGD) and selective catalytic reduction (SCR) systems for Progress Energy. Mr. Elliott had also been responsible for plant management, outages, and boiler performance testing.
Mr. Elliott received his Masters of Business Administration from the University of South Carolina, and a BS in Mechanical Engineering from North Carolina State University.